For anyone still willing to read for updates on Meredi! I swear, every day is a roller coaster ride...EVERY day!
So you'll recall how discouraged I was just YESTERDAY! Overnight, Meredith got the eating thing down...and, knock on wood, she still has not had any central apnea. So, technically, she is ready to go home...EXCEPT...she is having too many OBSTRUCTIVE apneas...she's choking too much. She's getting to sleepy to swallow properly - we're able to help her recover when we're holding her, but she's also doing it in her sleep. Most of the time she recovers by herself...in fact, I think all of her "episodes" are self-recoveries...BUT, if she were to do this at home, we wouldn't KNOW she was doing it say if she did it in the middle of the night...and it would only take one episode where she couldn't self recover to be tragic!
SO - now what we need is for her to go 3 days without choking...the last recorded "choke" was 3am today. I know there is going to be a LAST one some time, and of course I hope that one was it, but it's so hard to walk in to her little station and see that piece of paper (where they record what happens) and strain to see if the nurse recorded anything new!
An hour and a half until I go back to her 4pm feed - here's hoping she's still choke-free!
2 comments:
She, request she comes home with an Apnea monitor!! You can BRING it home for the first few months (or until she isnt having any). IF they wont let you, go get the Angel Care..but there is no reason you shouldnt be able to get the real one.
((((HUG))) You are so close to being an AT HOME family of 9. ANY DAY!
I agree with Suzanne!
Get a monitor, it will only be for a few weeks, months. It will let you sleep better knowing that she has some extra protection in her home.
OMGosh!
Soon you will be a "party of 11" and you will be firmly a whole bench of little Lee's at church.
You are so close..hang in there! ((hugs))
Post a Comment