Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dirt!

Low and behold - we do have dirt under all of this snow! We had almost forgotten that there is more to our existence out here than just coldness and whiteness! We were able to get out and go on a walk a few nights ago - and it was joyous! It was a short walk (which was mom's fault) but it was fun!


This was mom's view the entire walk - the back side of everyone else! I brought up the rear the entire time...well, Meredi and I did. She enjoyed every second of the walk tucked up in the sling!!



Jason and Jacob couldn't resit a quick King of the Mountain (Hill)!




Jasper and Jypsy followed us the entire time (yes, we know Gypsy is spelled with a G...but boys in our family all have J names so we opted to spell it funky just for fun)...



Then they tried to tangle up Melanie's feet when we got back to the driveway!



When we passed the creek, the kids saw a beaver. Of course by the time I got there with the camera, it was gone (both times) - so don't strain looking for the beaver, he's not in the picture - but this is where he lives!



I took this picture of a moose and her calf as I was heading to town the day Meredith came home from the hospital - the mom is HUGE! I took several pictures and then I realized she was staring me down and I figured if she took me on in the Jeep, she'd win...so I left!

1 comment:

ScennyLloyd said...

You guys are such a cute family! You know I would give anything for just a little cold weather every now and then. It is already upper 90s here in AZ and will hit 100 by this weekend. Enjoy your spring...we're already starting summer!