
Meredith has now gone almost 32 of 72 hrs w/o choking in her sleep! The nurse practitioner told me that she'd need to go 3 days (she said "3 to 4" but I really think she'd let us do 3 if nothing else happens) - I hate to even dare say all of this out loud. But, if she keeps up at the pace she's going, she could be discharged Friday/Saturday! Man that would be joyous!
She's doing just great! She's nippling full bottle feeds now - just seemed to click overnight - seriously! I updated one day that she just wasn't getting it, and she wasn't. The next day (actually, that same day at 4pm) she took her first full feed and has never looked back. That's how quickly things change around here. Sometimes for the good sometimes, well, not for the good - but we're still good!
Her weight went up again (they watch that closely when they nipple their feeds vs gavage- and she's eating in a "range" - and that I'm not even going to TRY to explain to you!) But her weight was up to 6 lb 6 oz last night. She was 5 lb 11 oz when she was born, and the lowest her weight ever hit was 5 lb 7 oz - she she has gained almost a full pound in the last 2.5 weeks!
Please keep your fingers crossed for us - we're so close...and on a dime we could again be so far away.
2 comments:
Oh Shiela -- it's been DAYS since I saw pictures of her...She's GORGEOUS!!
Here's hoping she goes home soon!
Jules
Oh she is so sweet!
I am continuing to pray that you bring her home safe and she just keeps progressing.
Congrats! You are almost there to being home.
GO Girlie GO-you can do it little Meredith.
Post a Comment