Today was a milestone day for Meredi. Today she nippled parts of several feeds. I think she nippled 40ccs all together...she went from knowing NOTHING about sucking on a bottle yesterday - to sucking down 40cc's today! Oh she's so wonderful!
She has had a couple apnea strips! Darn it! Dr. B assures me that apnea will not be what holds her back. He is sure it's all going to click together for her in the near future!
Let's see, what else - her weight went back up a couple of ounces tonight - that's always good. I am pretty sure the scale said 5lb 7.2 oz (5lb 11oz at birth).
They took the IV out of her hand, which was a beautiful thing! She's down to just the O2 monitor cord that goes to her foot - and the cord that connects to the three leads on her chest. There may be an end in site!
My mind is drawing a blank right now - there is no doubt that I have gotten NOWHERE near enough sleep in the last four nights. I catch myself nodding off while sitting up in bed typing in our blog (for example) - or while sitting with Gracie in the nursery. I honestly don't remember my body being this physically exhausted - ever! Hopefully, sleeping in my own bed tomorrow will help me relax and settle down some.
Here are some pictures from today. I am too tired to work them in to a narrated place within the blog - so you get the pictures and my valiant, yet exhausted effort to tell you a little about each one!
These first two go together! I can't tell you just how very much in love I am with this baby girl! I can't stare in to her eyes long enough, I can't inhale her sweet breath fast enough, I can't whisper sweet nothings into her ear long enough! I just can't get enough of this baby!

But, by golly, I did get to kiss her sweet nose! This is truly the most favorite thing of mine to do with my babies!

Ok, this one is just gross, I know. My legs and feet and ankles have swollen beyond recognition! The skin on my legs and ankles, especially, is so tight it feels like it's going to split open. I've shown it to a few people with medical backgrounds, and they don't seem to be overly concerned...so I guess I'll just live with it - but isn't it DISGUSTING! They look like stupid tree trunks!

Mom and her new little friend, Gracie (or Meredi or Meredith...all three names seem to fit her so perfectly...I can't decide which will be the one I like best).

Daddy and the girlie, figuring out this bottle business! We're so darn proud of her today. In her entire life she has never eaten from a bottle - and today she just "got it" - not enough to call her a pro, but enough that we're confident that she'll have the hang of this in no time! What a lucky little girl to have a daddy who could take the day off from work to spend it with her at the hospital.

Ok, so sometimes I take pictures "just because"...I'm not even sure why I took this one - I figure I must have taken it because, well, she was being so cute!!

And finally, a side shot of daddy's big, tough hands, teaching our tiny, itty-bitty, brand new, fragile daughter how to drink from a bottle...*sigh*
1 comment:
That picture of your legs brought back memories - mine did the same thing after I had Erika and it was freaky, weird to see my body do something like that! At least you have a baby that makes it all worth it!
Post a Comment