Thursday, March 27, 2008

A new day...

Meredi had kind of a lazy nurse night and didn't nipple as well - but she did better this morning when I fed her - and our beloved Gayle is here today and things just always seem to go better when she's here. I think mostly b/c she keeps me from losing my mind. You know, "If mom ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" I've said before how wonderful the NICU staff is here - and it truly is. As expected though, there are a few "special" nurses/doctors who really stand out and make this whole experience easier for us. I just didn't want it to sound as if on the days we don't have Gayle or Roy or Nancy or Barb or Tammhy or Wanda or Marilyn or or or or...that we're stuck with schleps! We've never had a bad nurse! (Does that keep me out of the doghouse? I'd hate for that to be misunderstood!)

Anyway, she has been officially switched to 4 hr feeds now and her bottle volume is up to 72cc's. I think she did 47 this morning - I can't remember and I can't do the math in my head...she had 25cc's left, so if it's important for you to know exactly what she did, you're going to have to do the math! :)

We're trying to get her cares moved to 8, 12, & 4 - right now they're at 6, 10 & 2 - so we'll only be able to stay for 2 cares today. Yes, that's killing me! But, it will give her a chance to rest more w/o mom here pushing her to wake up and eat. She'll get a little rest and grow time and hopefully be ready to "click" in the next day or so!

She's just beautiful today (of course she's beautiful every day) but she just looked so awake and so...not preemie, I guess!! As always, thanks for the continued love and support. Our family knows that we couldn't do this without our friends and family!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

She is absolutely beautiful!Love this picture!