
Today we have one of our favorite nurses. Gayle will be here today, tomorrow and Sunday. I don't know yet what I'm going to do on Saturday or next week when she's not on - but I am so glad for the next couple of days! I finally got up the nerve yesterday and asked that one nurse in particular not be our nurse again. It's totally a personality thing between her and us - but it's enough that I couldn't stand it anymore. I don't expect any of the nurses to entertain ME/us - all they really need to do is compitently care for my baby...which this nurse can do...but I happen to know that this NICU nursing staff contains several nurses who can keep my baby alive AND not make us feel like our questions are stupid, or that we are in the way, or that our baby is just part of the job. I'm just relieved that all it took was for me to ask and that I finally got the nerve up to do so! :)
Gayle had us pose for our "first family photo" today too! (Remeber the "tree trunk" photos of my legs from the last entry? Well, my doctor did start me on a medication, lasix, for the edema, so hopefully we'll see some quick improvements. In the meantime, be kind! LOL)

Aunt Lindsay came up for a visit last night. This was the first peek the two of them got of one another - aren't they just cute?

Meredith is doing well today. More apnea, but honestly - even though it's disappointing to see, it wasn't unexpected. We know that she knows how to nipple feed - so that makes it a little bit easier to handle on the days she just won't do it. Her weight is continuing to climb back up. We just can't complain a single bit about how this little girlie is doing - she's a champ and we are so proud of her!
2 comments:
Congratulations guys!! I just saw this for the frist time because I have been sick and in the hospitall for the last few days. She is just beautiful!!
WOW!
What a cutie!
I hope she just continues to do so well and you all go home soon.
Congrats again!!!
Post a Comment