Saturday, March 29, 2008

Update on Meredi...

So I'm feeling kind of stupid b/c it seems like I always have to go back and correct previous updates!

Well, true to form - my Two Steps Back update wasn't accurate - which is good, I'm just sorry I didn't know it before I shared it.

Turns out her apneas were all obstructive! So she's still good on her apnea day counting. I think today is day 4 of 7...I'll have to double check with the nurse when I go back for her lunch feed.

AND - the spitty uppy ordeals she was having w/ her feeds appears to be due to mommy's poor burping skills. We've been more diligent in beating burps out of her and she has been doing just fine. Duh - you'd think it would occur to us to start with the obvious fixes, wouldn't you? Poor Meredith - she may want to rethink her choice in families!

Yesterday (Friday), she nippled her full 72cc feed for Gayle (who, btw, hates to see her name over and over again in our blog - lol - she's really going to love scrolling down to see her picture! And, if we didn't love her so darned much, we wouldn't include her here at all! LOL)



So she did a full dinner feed, the night nurse got one of the three night feeds to be a full nipple feed, and she just did a full breakfast feed for me...so 3/5 of her feeds have been full nipple feeds. I'm so proud of our little peanut!

I hate to even say it out loud, but it seems like her little lights are turning on and she's getting it. There is still room for setbacks - she's just 36wks today (and I think my ob would argue she's only 35w4d) so she truly is doing amazingly well. We are just so anxious to have her at home with us that each minute she spends in the hospital seems like an eternity to us!

Hopefully we'll continue to have good news to share. The nurse, whose name rhymes with "Sail" - said she'd be back on Tuesday "to fill out discharge papers with us" - of course it was just optimistic joking - but it COULD happen. Keep praying that Meredi continues on the path she's on - she's so close!

No comments: