I talked to Gayle tonight and it seems Meredi threw up abt 10cc's of her last feed. She thinks it was probably more than just a "burp" with a little extra on the side, but it is a possibility. We'll have to wait and see how she does at her next feed. We talked about maybe taking her back to the 3hr feeds w/ less volume for a few more days and letting her work her way up more gradually...
She also had a couple of apneas...Gayle thinks there was some central action in there, and she's seen enough of these things to know what she's talking about, but we'll have to wait until in the morning for the doctor to have the final ruling on it. I hope hope hope Gayle was wrong - but I'm having a hard time convincing myself that she was.
So, for all the good we did yesterday, tonight I feel like we're sinking in quicksand. And I'm sitting here shaking my head as I type this b/c WE'VE DONE THIS BEFORE! We've done this very thing with all of our preemies! We'd have days that made us think we'd be taking the baby home in no time, followed by the next day that made us feel hopeless...and somehow it just all works out. So tonight I'm discouraged, and at the same time I know it'll be short lived. I'm just really missing my girlie tonight!
2 comments:
Hang in there - she'll be home before you know it! This time last year I would spend the afternoons in the NICU with my nephew so my sister could go home to her one-year old and it was so physically wrenching to leave him behind when it was time to go! I can only imagine how much that must ache for you! Keeping you all in my prayers!
Poor little girlie!
So much work for such a wee one.
I hope she rebounds and she is with the rest of her family soon.
hugs,
deb
Post a Comment