Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Baby update...

Warmer, warmer, warmer...we're getting closer and closer to a safe delivery date for this baby! Actually, it would be "safe" for her to be born any time now - it's just the longer we go without her delivering, the less time we'll be looking at in NICU.

Yesterday's appointment went really well. After a week of spending 2 days in the hospital, we actually made it to this week and my doctor made it home from vacation...and no baby!!

Everything still looks good. We had an ultra sound and the baby's estimated weight was 5lb 14oz (which is exactly what Malorie and Melanie weighed when they were born at this gestation). And her body size is estimated at 37wks (we are just over 33wks). So M is growing very well and we're thrilled!

The doctor told us that once we hit the 34wk mark (Saturday) I can venture out of bed a little bit. I still need to be "down" more than I'm "up" - but it's nice to not feel so darned fragile!!

We didn't get any great ultra sound pictures. M is big and her face is pressed up against my belly and turned just enough that a good picture was out of the question. It didn't help that I forgot to scan the picture before I got upstairs to bed and the laptop, so what you're getting is a picture of the picture (which is bad) and it was taken with my cell phone, LOL, which makes it even worse! Sorry! It's probably only a couple of more weeks until we get to see the real baby, so I'm not to worried about cruddy, black and white ultra sound images! :)

1 comment:

Amy C. said...

I was starting to get worried when you hadn't updated your blog for a few days - so glad to hear that baby M. is "cooking" a little bit longer! Hang in there!