Jared's Cub Scout pack sang the National Anthem and America the Beautiful. I was the perfect example of why girls shouldn't be in Scouting - I sat and blubbered throughout the entire performance! Luckily, I get that tender patriotism from my UNCLES, so maybe it is ok after all? :)
(Jared is the 3rd from your right...tucked behind the boy with the song book.)

Jacob received his Tenderfoot rank. We're excited for him to finish this one up. His leader has had a change in his work schedule and hasn't been able to really work with the boys like he once was - and Jacob has kind of been at a stand-still for a few months. When Jacob saw the date of the Court of Honor on the calendar, he asked what we needed to do to make sure he could advance and then helped make it happen.

Mom getting her Tenderfoot Mother's Pin! This is one of my favorite parts of Rank advancements, not just for me - although I do love getting my pins, but I love watching all of the Young Men pin their awards on their mothers' lapel. I've had several mothers tell me that they don't feel like they "deserve" the pin because they don't really understand the Scout program and have done nothing to help their sons with Scouting. Just raising son's today who are willing to dedicate themselves to the Boy Scout program, respect their leaders and love their family is "helping" their son's more than flipping through any merit badge book ever will - they are MORE than deserving! We have such GREAT young men in our program...and they all come from great parents!

Jason completed and received his Citizenship in the Nation merit badge. He is now just three or four badges from having all of his Eagle Rank badges complete. He is putting together his Eagle project to submit to the council for approval. As parents, Brandon and I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful friends around us for our children! Jason is among five (soon to be seven) buddies who are working on Eagle projects right now - they are so fun to watch...encouraging and challenging one another. I can't wait to attend each and every one of their Eagle Courts of Honor!
1 comment:
Great job! We are at a standstill with Matt and his Eagle project. Hopefully we'll get moving on that soon. Did you read that blog entry from Mike Rowe?
It sounds like the ceremony was a big success. I know you are a proud Mommy. :o)
Yours in Scouting, ;o)
~C.
Post a Comment