Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Outside at our house today...

It's probably just as well that Christmas Vacation started on Monday this week - I'm sure even if it hadn't, the district wouldn't have been able to get my kids to school as we've had snow every day this week! MUCH SNOW!

Today I sent a few of the kids out to the mailbox with some last minute cards and they never came back. When I looked outside, Melanie was sitting on top of a huge snowball - no gloves, no snow bibs. UGH! I called everyone in, did the "bundle up" routine and sent them back out! They had a blast! We sure love being out here in the woods this year - there is no way the kids would ever have had this much fun on our lot in town!

Jason and the boys started making huge snowballs to use as walls for their snow fort.





Not to be outdone - Maddie and Maggie went off to make their own snow ball - unfortunately, I think it's still over on the side of the house - it became to big and heavy to budge all the way back to the fort!



I had to take this picture upstairs from my bedroom window - Malorie and Melanie hung out with Maddie and Maggie, but stayed so close to the house this was the only shot I got of them!





I tried to take a picture of the snow -- but it was harder than it sounds! I just couldn't get it to focus! So here's a picture of the tree, really to show you the snow through the windows behind it!









No comments: