Sunday, August 26, 2007

SCOUTS

Jason is doing so well in his new troop! (And I have to admit, I'm sincerely enjoying being the Committee Chair for the unit also!)

He had a Court of Honor this last week and was awarded: First Class Rank Advancement and Scholarship, Leatherwork, Swimming, Rifle, Citizenship in the World, First Aid, Orienteering, Emergency Preparation Merit Badges. He's very anxious to complete his Star and has his Eagle all planned out - he's shooting for Christmas time 2008! If he stays as enthusiastic about scouts as he is now, I don't doubt that he'll make it!

Jason with Mom & Dad receiving his 1st Class Rank Advancement!


Later receiving his Merit Badges - (Lucky for mom, they make a cool sticker stuff to attach these puppies to his sash so she doesn't have to sew them ALL on!)


(Big huge thanks to Marj for taking pictures!!!)

2 comments:

Sara C. said...

Wonderful...and don't you look sassy in your uniform.

I was a girl scout well into high school, and was awarded the silver award (the gold is almost equal to becoming an Eagle Scout.)

I know you're very sad, deep in your heart, that you don't have to sew those merit badges on. :P

Anonymous said...

WTG! That is so cool. Todd is now Committee chair for the Pack. Matthew is Star Rank and has been thinking about his Eagle project too. Todd and I were discussing what all we'll need to be doing for that ceremony. I have no doubts that our boys will make it and we'll be planning our ceremonies together!

p.s.
You are cute :o)