Saturday, August 18, 2007

Happy Anniversary

"14 years ago, right now..." Oh come on, you know I've been saying this all day!!

Today Brandon and I are celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary! Where have the years gone? Oh sure, we've had ups and downs - who hasn't? But I can honestly say, our ups far, far out-number our downs!! I'm married to a man who caters to my every whim! I love him for so many reasons - but the most important is that I know he loves me and I know he loves our children. There is nothing more I would ask of him.

I was going to slap some of our "posed" wedding pictures in here - *yawn* - but instead I grabbed the album of our candid pictures that friends and relatives gave us that they'd taken!! I love these pictures so much - I love to see the people in the background. I would love to go back and spend today in 1993. I wouldn't want to do it ALL over again - but spend just one day in the happiness of newlywedness. One day of having loved ones who have passed on, one day of no worries or responsibilities, one day of believing the world revolves around us, one day just living in the moment of the most blissful love imaginable! That was our day. It was perfect!

Now remember - these are from the "Candid Album"...


Our first "husband and wife" photo!


We do better when we don't know we're having our picture taken!


The formality of standing by the cake and pretending to cut it - no, we didn't smash it into each other's face!


I can hear Edith and Archie right now..."Those were the days!"


Brandon's family.


Shiela's family.


I think of all the pictures we had taken, this one is my most favorite.

3 comments:

amy said...

I seriously loved looking at these pictures. It made me almost cry. . . maybe it's because I'm just stupid that way. I loved seeing them you two look so darn cute together. Just think of all the things that have happened since then.

Congrats!

Katherine said...

I hope your day was wonderful Shiela. Those are fabulous pictures and when you think of what you have created together over these past 14 years, probably more than you could have ever imagined, doesn't it just make you smile and cry all at the same time.

Tammy said...

Happy Anniversary Shiela!!!!!