

We were "almost home" around 8:15pm so it was still "light" outside, but not day-light, light. About 2.5 miles from our house I noticed something that seemed to be hanging from the power pole on the side of the road up ahead. My first thought was that maybe it was a bird nest - but it was hanging so funny, it just couldn't be that. We got closer and I thought it was a person - and from there about 50 gross scenario's ran through my head of a Power Co worker being electrocuted, etc. When we got about 15 yards from the pole I told Brandon it was a PEACOCK! By the time I spit it out, we had passed it, so I stopped the van in the middle of the road (remember, we live in the sticks now, so it's ok to do that, LOL) and we backed up. Sure enough there was a HUGE peacock sitting on top of the power pole! We're hicks, we unloaded all of the kids in the middle of the road, in the middle of the night, and showed them the peacock. I could hear Jeff Foxworthy making some comment about our "Redneck trip to the zoo"! LOL It was great fun and a fun memory to have!


Sorry abt the quality (or lack thereof) of these pictures - it was getting dark, and all I had with me was my cell phone. The pictures of the deer were taken w/ my cell phone too!)
No comments:
Post a Comment