Monday, October 01, 2007

Happy Birthday Maddie!

Right now, 12 years ago, my baby girl was only a couple of hours old! I had spent the day before canning and juicing plums and I was SURE that the pain in my back was from standing at the stove all day. Actually, it was Madilyn Joy, planning her grand, early entrance! She wasn't "scheduled" to arrive for three more weeks, and after having Jason come just one week early, we weren't considering having a baby for another couple of weeks!

I remember making Brandon fix our vacuum before we went to the hospital at 1:00am so we could vacuum the floor before we left. I wanted to come home to a clean house and his sisters were coming to stay with Jason while we were gone. I think we got to the hospital around 3am and just after 6am, Madilyn was born. I remember the nurse asking me all of the tedious admitting questions and in the middle of it all, I said, "My water just broke." She paused and said, "I'll check and see if it really did." LIKE I WOULDN'T KNOW!? "Oh, it sure did Mrs. Lee." I figured since I'd been potty-trained for the past 23 years, I knew what I was talking about!

I was only in the hospital for about 13 hours so we don't have many "in the hospital" pictures. And since Maddie was "pre-digital" I don't have many baby pictures readily available on the computer. But here is our baby. She's 12 today. Holy Cannoli, how did THAT happen???

Maddie Coming Home From The Hospital



Birth Announcement Picture



Maddie 12 years later

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Happy Birthday Maddie. Hope you have a wonderful day!!