Monday, May 19, 2008

Mother's Day

Yes, I know I missed Mother's Day here on the blog! Here's why. I was hoping to get a great picture of myself (Mother) and the kids - it hasn't happened yet. Sunday is really the only day that we are all dressed up in our "Sunday Go To Church" clothes - and if we don't take the picture before we leave, it's a cinch we'll look way to frazzled and mussed to take the picture after. We blew it on Mother's Day - and since today is Monday, and I don't have a picture of us from yesterday...we obviously blew it again!

The day was wonderful though - Brandon and the kids made Strawberry Shortcakes for breakfast - then Maui Steaks (I know that those of you who know what those are are drooling right now) for lunch...oh and corn on the cob - YUM! We ended the evening with a big old, huge Rice Crispy treat! Oh, and I was given a beautiful hanging basket of flowers for outside. It's currently sitting on our porch b/c we have guys here siding the house and there won't be any place to install a hanger for a while.

So there you have it - I don't have a Mother's Day picture of myself with my kids, nor do I have one of myself with my mother...I might have one of Brandon with his mom - I tried to get one when she returned home from her mission. Maybe I should just surrender this year and start working on photos to share for next year. Maybe if I start now we might get a good one - oh who am I kidding?

No comments: