Friday, May 02, 2008

Happy 8th Birthday Jared...

I've realized that all of my "pre-preemie" deliveries were pretty uneventful! But that's a good thing. Jared came in the early morning. Brandon and I went to the hospital in the early evening and I was dilated, but not enough...I could walk the halls of the hospital or go home and come back later. We opted to walk for a while and see if that did any good - it did a little, but still not enough. Finally our doctor did us a "favor" and ordered a scalp monitor for Jared - which broke my water - which meant we'd stay until he was born. It was only a few hours later when we got to meet Jared for the first time.

I don't have (or can't find) hospital pictures. I know we have some because we had borrowed my parent's digital camera (Jared was our first digital baby). I'll add them if I find them - for now I have these...

Hmmm, seems like we just shared a picture like this...I guess when you have birthday's in almost every month of the year - odds are you'll have just as many pictures of your doctor with your newborn!



10 Days Old -



What a little man - where did my "baby" go?



Now we venture in to new things - Cub Scouts and Legos being the 2 newest things that he's excited about. Of course he still loves his GameBoy and his GameCube. He's our Gamer, that's for sure!

We love you, Jared - thank you for 8 years of love and laughter and happiness! We're looking forward to many, many more!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope Jared has a wonderful day. Who said they could grow up so fast? Not me!

Rachel said...

Wow you guys have known Dr. Richards a while, haha, he looks younger. I can't believe little Jared is 8, I hope he has a happy birthday. We miss you guys!!

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday Jared! I can't believe he's 8 now, it seems like just yesterday Jacob was having his baptism!