So we were expecting a house full of 60 people New Year's Eve (including our 10). Our children must have asked, over 100 times during the day, "What time will everyone be here?" LOL
Madilyn put out some cute candle lights along the walk. She just took fruit jars, added some sand to the bottom and then lit tea light candles. It was so simple, but so cute. Here is a picture in the dark...

...and when I took this one with the flash, I realized the cat was sitting there on the porch. I had no clue he was there when I took the first one.

One by one, the families arrived! Matt, Sylvia and Ava...Eric, Andrea & Ruth...Nick, Nadine, Audrey & Eric, Bruce, Jane, Mykelle, Seth, Brian, Marelle, Peter...James, Lisa, Shiloh, Shane, Shauna, Tony, Cameron, Alison, Josh, Rebecca, Katie, Ryan, Caleb, Levi...Justin, Rachel & Eliza...Brian...Carson, Kandi and Madison...Kevin, Natalie, Jack, Taylor & Noah...Courtney, Alicia, Cami, Zack, Dylan & Emma...and of course Brandon, Shiela, Jason, Madilyn, Jacob, Megan, Jared, Malorie, Melanie & Joseph!
For those of you who took the time to count - that was only 59...we were stood up by #60 who opted to spend the evening with her friends...who doesn't remember being a college student and the fun that was!?


Finally, the Mexican Buffet was under way - the food was all spread, the tables set...time to dig in!



After dinner everyone spread throughout the house...some went to the video games (Yes, those are boxes that still have not been unpacked - but they made for GREAT tv stands!) By my last count we had 3 game systems hooked up last night.

The trampoline was a hit all night long! The adults loved it, the kids loved it, the babies loved it! It was GREAT fun!

Others spent time playing games! Favorites were Apples to Apples, Mad Gabs (A new one to me...and can I just say Aunt Jane RULES that game!) Boggle...and a dice game that Court brought - HOURS were spent playing that game...whatever it was! :)

The air hockey table stayed on all night also - and Polly Pockets was ever present!


Everyone managed to make it until midnight - some looked more tired than others...

...others required a Dora DVD pick-me-up...

...and others "picked" different ways to stay awake!

Finally the time came - I had a great plan to call everyone in to the living room for the count down and I'd stand up on the bridge and record from above...didn't happen. I sat on the couch and held the camera behind me and recorded the action in the kitchen! Happy New Year Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment