Sunday, January 06, 2008

Malorie's Party!

Malorie has sure enjoyed turning 5! She had a little party on her birthday with the family family and Aunt Kandi & Maddi and Aunt Rachel & Eliza! Ever since her birthday, everything she wants she asks for and follows her request with "since I'm five now." Like that makes a difference - "Can I say family prayer - since I'm five now?" Never mind the fact that she's been called upon to offer family prayer just like everyone else...but now she can ask for it - and get it - "since she's five now".

Before dinner on her birthday, Grandma Janet and Grandpa Gary stopped by with a couple of presents. Didn't get any pictures of Grandpa because the boys whisked him away to play air hockey the minute he walked in to the house. Then I didn't get any pictures of grandma and Malorie because - well, I just didn't. So here's grandma and Joseph.



And here is the loot that the grandparents came bearing...some Play-Doh and a new outfit.



A gift for Jaynie from Maddi because, well, because Malorie and Melanie are joined at the hip and one can't do/get/say/eat/breathe/drink something without the other doing exactly the same. I would have made fun of Aunt Kandi for caving and getting Jaynie a gift to open on Malorie's birthday, but I did the exact same thing and got her a matching baby doll.





Aunt Rachel & Eliza and Maddi -



CRAYONS! Everyone loves new crayons! A new huge package of them to go with the huge Tinkerbell coloring book she got.



This is secretly why we keep Aunt Kandi around - our built in clean up committee! (If she only knew how much I appreciated that she was the one bending over picking up wrapping paper and not me! Thank you!)



Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday Dear Malorieeeeeee, Happy Birthday to You....Make a wish!



Blow out the candles!



How many fingers are you now, Malorie??



Eliza! What's the best way to eat birthday cake?



With two hands, of course!



...

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Looks like fun was had by all. I'm glad she had such a great day.

Anonymous said...

What fun being 5!!! Can you believe it? She's such a cutie and looks like she had a wonderful day.