The move went amazingly smooth! Brandon's local brothers, a few cousins, and an aunt and uncle all came and moved our little house into a U-Haul and then followed us to the new house and unpacked it all. We started loading the truck up around noon and by 5pm, all of our stuff was here and everyone had gone home. I was shocked that it went so quickly! Oh sure, I'm still looking for things - hair clippers, shower curtains, my frying pan...but for the most part, it's all good!
The first couple of nights in the house were strange. I'm sure it was just the unfamiliarness (is that a word) of it all. We even had a security system test run, courtesy of Jacob! LOL I think it was the 2nd morning here, I hadn't shut the system down before Jacob opened the back door. We had a LOUD wake-up call that morning. Luckily, I got everything cancelled before the monitoring company called (again) - Our plumber had come the week before, late in the evening, to finish up some lose ends, and he set the alarm off (before we moved in) - we were impressed to learn that the Sheriff Dept's response time was less than 10 minutes! Ugh...that was a bad night!
Anyway, we're getting settled in! It's everything we'd hoped it'd be and more! There aren't words to describe how beautiful it is out here! So GREEN! It's so quiet and peaceful out here. It's just amazing!
Other happenings that we've missed in the last 2 weeks...
Jacob had a birthday and turned 10! We moved in to our little house just weeks before he was born - and then we moved in to this house the day he turned 10. Wonder what we'll be doing when he turns 20!

Jacob's birthday was on Memorial Day this year. Our tradition has been to meet Brandon's family at the cemetery and then go to a buffet breakfast. This year was no exception. It was strange not having Grandma Lee there (serving a mission in NJ). We were able to call her for family prayer - but still not the same as having her with us.


June 1 was the 2nd anniversary of Brandon's father's passing. We miss him terribly. There isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't cross my mind - especially now being out here in "grandpa's woods".

Jason and Jacob attended their first "new" scout meetings this week. It's so amazing to have them in a troop/pack that has more than 2 other boys! I was looking forward to saying goodbye to my Cub Scout duties for a while now that we've moved - but on Sunday I was asked to be the new Scout Committee Chairman - Oye! It seems that my job is really just making sure that everyone else who has a job does it - so I can handle that! ;)
Maddie and Maggie got to meet with their young girls group this week too! It's so fun to see them finally have a functioning program to participate in!
I'm sure there is a ton more that I am leaving out - but over time I'll get all caught up again! It's just good to be back online - even though I feel like I should type slower or that maybe you should just read slower. This step backward in the land of connection is going to take some getting used to!
7 comments:
Beautiful pictures and (((Hugs))) as you remember FIL. You sound so happy to be there. You should be :o) Ahh....committee chair. You have the power ;o)
Can't wait to read more updates and I hope you won't have to use dial-up for long.
I'm glad you are getting settled Shiela. When you get some high speed connections I want to see lots of pictures. Not just of the inside but the outside views:-)
Glad you are getting all settled!!! MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you can figure out a faster connection. 28.8 is so 10 years ago! (in my case, lol)
(((HUGS))) about your FIL. It is SO HARD to lose someone. I think about my grandpa every day -- and there is still stuff that makes me cry even now, 6 months later. UGH.
Welcome back!! ;-) Looking forward to pictures!
Oh man, I remember when the crew was out there digging the well. You have definitely come a long way since then. You are actually living out there. And your computer is set up! Man that is AMAZING! Thank you so much for sharing your lives with us. We cannot believe how much you have done in one year! AWESOME a story to tell. Thank you for letting us se and hear about it.
Amy and family
LOL...Ok, we'll read slower too! ;) Congrats to being in your new home. I remember that feeling all too well, and it *is* awesome. You all have really worked hard to achieve this goal and you deserve to relish it! Enjoy!!
It's so nice to see you back!!! You have (ALL!) been missed! Belated Happy Birthday Jacob!!
I enjoy "keeping up" with you guys. We miss you ALOT!
Post a Comment