Sunday, May 06, 2007

OH NO!!!!

Ok, there is just no way to explain this teeter-totter / roller coaster ride that is the "Is Joseph the last baby?" nightmare! Every little milestone he reaches now just breaks my heart! Oh sure, I am happy to see him get teeth, they'll come in handy I'm sure - but that just moves him that much farther away from being my "baby". I told Brandon that we'd live on separate levels of the new house if he DARED cut Joseph's hair yet. Sure, the poor boy looks like a girl - but it's his BABY hair! Once you cut that off, there's no going back. He'll always look like a big boy!

Now nobody has said that he's for sure our last baby - but you get to #8 and odds are you're closer to "being done" then you are to "just starting". We could have another baby - and in that case, I have ruined Joseph for no good reason! He will grow up a cuddly, long haired, mamma's boy for no good reason! However, if there isn't to be another Lee baby, then it's a darned good thing I created this monster who will most likely never let me out of his site....ever!

So all my disjointed rambling here is to share that Joseph has *sniff* taken his first steps. (And probably to tell you that he cut more teeth - I'm not sure if I mentioned that he cut his first teeth on March 31/April 1). It's so amazing to see him just standing in the middle of the room! The older kids have turned his new found skill in to a game - "Who will Joseph walk to and who makes him fall". Apparently you get points if he walks to you and lose points if he falls walking to you...oh brother!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sheila!!! That almost makes *me* want another!! OYE! He is such a sweetie!!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! I just love those cheeks. I also like how he went for the plastic donut! :o) He does look so big with those steps. Just precious.