But 7 years ago - They gave us Jared! He was almost a "false alarm" labor. I know I rave about my OB pretty much ALWAYS - but thankfully, he helped us out. After HOURS of walking the hospital hallways and seeing no progress, he came in and said, "I think the baby needs a scalp monitor." GASP! "Why do you want to monitor our baby? What's wrong?" With a slight smirk, his reply was,"To attach the monitor, we have to break your water, and once we do that, you can't go home." AHHHHHH! And an hour after the monitor was attached, Jared was born!
We laughed at breakfast when I looked at the clock and said, "Jared, right now they had you in NICU because your blood sugar was too low." Then Brandon and I started laughing out loud as we looked at what he was eating for breakfast - Pop Tarts and Easter Peeps. (Before anyone calls CPS, we don't always feed our kids that way! The Pop-Tarts were a special birthday treat, the Peeps...well, for those of you who know Brandon...suffice it to say, those were his fault). So, low blood sugar on Jared's birthday 7 years later was a non-issue!
Here's our "little boy" and Dr. Richards - "7 years ago today"

Breakfast of birthday champions!

"Don't hate the player!" (with a picture of a Nintendo machine) Sadly, we've created a gaming monster in Jared...we're slowly trying to wean him back to normal!

CAKE! (Just to round off his day of highly nutritional meals!)
1 comment:
He looks like he had a great day. I hope he enjoyed his sugar high. :o) WHY does 7 seem so big? Happy Birthday, Jared!!!
Post a Comment