You have to love kids who really don't expect much for Christmas. I've asked my kids over and over "What do you want?" and over and over they say, "Eh, whatever." Sure, the thought of saving hundreds of dollars is great - but the thought of Christmas morning with nothing to open but the box of oranges that our neighbor lady gives us kind of stinks!
So the other night I thought I'd kind of catch the kids off guard and see if they'd give me some ideas. We were all sitting in the living room and I said, "Jason, if you only got one thing for Christmas what would you hope it'd be?" I asked it fast, told him to answer fast, went through all the kids that way - NADA! Still I have no clue what to get more than half of my kids! LOL
So where is this story going? Well, this was the really funny part. I wasn't going to ask Malorie and Melanie what they want because they don't really grasp the whole Christmas idea just yet - but when I got down to Jared, I noticed that Malorie had big eyes and seemed to be expecting to be next. So with the same excitement that I asked all the other kids what they wanted, I said, "Malorie, what do you want for Christmas?" Without hesitation she said, "Grapes." I tried not to laugh out loud. And of course, Melanie, not to be left out of anything Malorie gets to do..."Jaynie, what do you want for Christmas?" Her answer..."I want to go to McDonalds."
So there you have it - a bunch of grapes and an hour in McPlayland...Christmas couldn't get any easier than that! LOL
2 comments:
Hmmm, I'll trade ya, I can think of tons of stuff to get my kids, and what I want. But we are traveling. . . I think McD's is a GREAT idea. Man. They totally make me laugh, because I can see them actually meaning what they said! They are easy going in every way.
hmm, I'm not sure why I showed up as "a" but this is Amy
Post a Comment