Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Manito Park

Yesterday we took the family up to Manito Park to celebrate Grandma Lee's birthday.



I had hopes of getting our annual Fall family pictures, but it didn't happen. Which is ok, I decided taking them here in our own woods would work just as well. So hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can get that done.

We started with an attempt of Dad with the kids...we couldn't get Meredi to smile - and of course when she did finally smile, Joseph broke down in tears! Go figure!



We moved on to some individual pictures -

Jason:



Madilyn:



Jacob:



Megan:



Jared:



Malorie:



Melanie:



Joseph:



Meredith:




And then some just-for-fun pictures -

The fountain at Manito:



Meredi in all her cuteness:



Our resident BFF's, Malorie & Melanie:



Dad and the kids climbing the rock wall of the public restrooms. It's a wonder we aren't asked to leave most public places.



And after this shot, Jason insisted that it was Jared who was "doing it" (making them wrestle). That's Jared on the bottom.



This one was taken by a kind stranger who thought mom should be in the family picture.



Joe hanging on the bird-bath:



This picture serves two purposes - 1) Shows that Meredi DOES have hair! 2) Shows that mom is at this family function - albeit behind the camera 99.9% of the time!

7 comments:

Amy C. said...

Cute pictures! Oh, how I miss Manito Park! I can't think of any place here that has flowers like that - except maybe the conservatory at the Bellagio - but the atmosphere is somewhat different...

Rebecca said...

Great pictures! Your family is so photogenic!

M-A said...

wow I cannot believe how big the kids have gotten

you all look AWESOME!!!


my kids never get hair until they are 2 LOL

Carson and Kandi Lee said...

Oh Shiela! It kills me that I am not there !! We should have been there for the birthday and Madison and Malorie should be riding the bus and going to school together!! Anytime I see a picture or a movie lately of anything Northwestern-y I just sigh because I miss it so much. I miss the evergreens and the chilly autumn weather. I looked at the forecast and it's supposed to be in the 80's for the first two weeks of October!! Palm trees and sunshine are great and all, but come on, I want my sweater and cider weather! Oh well. Hug the kids for me and tell the little girls hi from Madison!

Lauren said...

I miss Manito Park too. I love that picture of Malorie and Jaynie. I can't believe how old Maddie looks!

The Swimmer said...

She! Those are some FABULOUS pictures! I love the one of dad and the kids, even with Joesephs pucker face! You do realize that the more people you have the more likely SOMEONE wont smile right? LOL So having THAT MANY smiling is a wonderful feat all in itself. GORGEOUS pics!

Jackie said...

Oh Sheila! Those are great pics...LOVE the one of all of you! AND...Malorie and Melaine...sooo sweet! What a beautiful park!