Sunday, September 14, 2008

A day at grandma's!

Look who is taller than his mom! And for the record, I'm not short! I'm 5'8" - (which you'll see is MUCH taller than my mom!)



See, I wasn't kidding!



Here he is, all tall and 14 and heading out to his first church dance. Wow, where did that decade go?




Before we left grandma's the kids went out to pick the apples. Jacob was up at the top of the tree in record time!



Maddie came out to help!



Together they stripped the tree bare! This is good because grandma makes wonderful applesauce!



Before they finished, a couple of visitors came to help...(look past the tree onto the yard...)



There were two fawns who came and stayed while the kids picked. The kids tossed apples and the deer would chase them down and eat them. My mom lives on the main street of town - a public park across the street - it's hardly like she lives in the "woods" where you'd expect to see deer in your yard (you know, like at our house) lol

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who gives these kids permission to grow? Not us! How fun to see the deer.

Tammy said...

It must be something to have one of your kids outgrow you! Wow, what a milestone!

And I want to go to Grandma's too... it looks like a blast. You know Shiela, I love your blog. Thanks for sharing your family here.

amy said...

If I have the AWWWWWW, I know I would get a nice healthy eye roll and giggle out of that boy. I can't imagine him dancing with girls. Is he really that big? I guess so. Go Jay! It's a fun time. I loved going to them!

tims_mom said...

What a handsome young man he is turning into......though it's not funny to be taller than Mom! I think your daughter, really resembles your Dad.

Nancy

Indiana Angel said...

From someone who's oldest has been taller than her since 4th grade (although I denied it until I had to start lifting my eyes up to look him in the face in 5th grade LOL) I feel ya. They just grow up so darn fast!!