Monday, July 14, 2008

Sunday evening at our house...

Last night was so great. We've had just blistering hot days - but the evenings are wonderful! Last night we sat out on the porch and watched "mom's hummingbirds". At one point we counted 8 of them zipping around us. We just adore them!



I wish there had been a way to show how close to the birds I was standing. If I had extended my arm, I could have touched the feeder with my hand.



Sometimes they will fly down and get right in our faces - almost as if to check us out and see if we're a threat...hmmm, mom sitting in her lawn chair eating chocolate pudding...uh, no - no threat there!



If you listen close, you can hear their buzzing wings and little chirps - and of course you can hear my kids yelling in the background!

No comments: