Friday, February 02, 2007

How's the house coming??

Boy, we hear that question about 50 times a week! LOL Granted, it's a harmless, chatty question - but it's getting to the "down right annoying" point!

We are actually doing very well with the house. The plumbing is finished. The septic is finished. The furnace duct work is finished and the units will be installed within the next couple of days.

Brandon is scheduling for the framing inspection in one week. As soon as that's finished, he can pull the electrical through the walls. However, fearing that someone will come and steal the copper wiring, he's trying to time the electrical inspection to be within a day of the insulation crew! We want to get it covered up as soon as we can! That won't stop thieves, but it sure would slow them down and make it harder for them! Our insurance would cover anything that happened - but the time that it would set us back would be horrid!

The kids are excited to move. I'm sure they have no idea that moving means gutting their bedrooms and throwing away one box of junk for every box they think they're keeping! LOL I really have NO ROOM to talk! 90% of this house could probably go to the dump!

Anyhoo - there's the house update! It's moving, albeit slowly! We're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now though. Every time I get an update from Brandon it's just amazing! It was less than a year ago that our "house" was nothing but trees! And what's more amazing is that Brandon, with some help here and there from his brother Justin and my aunt Joy, have built the entire thing! THAT knocks my socks off!!

I wish I had a picture to share! We may go out tomorrow and if we do, I'll take the camera!

No comments: