The doctor promptly ordered Zofran for the nausea (one of my favorite morning sickness meds) and Tylenol & Motrin. I didn't realize who bad her fever was. Apparently it was high enough that he was worried about fever induced seizures! Thankfully, the Zofran kicked in almost instantly! She was able to sit up and eat a popsicle then drink a cup of 7-Up and Pedialyte. They sent us on our way w/ an RX for an anti nausea and an antibiotic for strep - must have been a parting gift from the ER...I had no clue her throat was bad! Even after getting straight back to see a doc we still spent 4 hours in the ER.
We filled her scripts and went home...got there just in time to send the five older kids to our Cub Scout auction with Marilyn. I was supposed to run that auction - luckily, everyone pulled together and did a great job getting through it without me. I guess when you call from the ER and say "I'm here w/ my baby" people become a little more willing to step up and help out!
Jaynie is still under it today. A little worse even than yesterday - but I believe it's because her anti nausea med isn't the same as what she was given in the ER. I think she's feeling a little more nauseated than she was after taking Zofran yesterday. But she hasn't thrown up since the ER. We are treating a fever constantly. I had to make myself a little chart so I'd know what to give her and when to give it! The "orange stuff" (Motrin), the "Pink stuff" (Tylenol), Anti nausea, and antibiotic...each followed by the time she takes it next. Lucky for her, I'm a little OCD abt keeping track of meds this way!
Here is a cell phone pic taken at the ER. Her lips look funky from the popsicle (and the fact that it was taken w/ my phone, lol). Sorry abt the quality - didn't think to load up the camera while we were rushing out the door! ;)
1 comment:
Poor little girl. I hope she feels better soon. Nothing is worse than the ER with a small fry.
:hugs
Deb
Post a Comment