Thursday, November 02, 2006

Tis the season...

Joseph has come down with another cold. I'm not overly worried about it becoming anything more than a cold just yet. I called the doc's office yesterday and asked the nurse how much of an OTC cough/runny nose medicine I should give him (I hate that they all say "Under 2 years, consult your doctor). Anyhoo, she wouldn't tell me!! She said I had to bring Joseph in to be seen. I was LIVID. When I got to the office I had a different nurse sign us in and when she asked what Joseph needed to be seen for, I said, "Nothing, he just needs cough medicine." LOL

When the doctor came in I said the same thing - I think it went something like, "Before you look at him and tell me it's 'just a cold', I want you to know I didn't call to make an appointment, I just needed to know how much medicine to give him!" We both laughed and then she said, "Really? You didn't want to come in?" Then that sparked a conversation about how their office needs to correct that procedure asap! It costs money to drive in, some ppl pay a co-pay for every visit, you expose your child to other germs in the office when you come in, etc. If a mom doesn't think her child needs anything more than cough medicine, she should be given the option to come in - but regardless of what she decides to do, she should get the information she specifically called for! Ahhhhh! Validation is so nice once in a while! LOL

So, now we're home w/ Dimatapp and a conversion chart so I know how much to give the kids who are 2 and under in our house! LOL I so love my ped's office. Dr. Olson is amazing and luckily for us, we like his partner Suzy too!! It's not very often that I can stomach anyone but my own doctor!!

No comments: