
Wow - just like that, six years have come and gone and it hardly seems that I've even blinked yet!
Today we celebrated Malorie's birthday! She has painfully been counting down the days since...well, probably since school started! And finally, today is the day! She started her day with her daddy making her pancakes for breakfast!

I guess even before pancakes, we started the day with a surprise, early morning visit from Grandpa! He was on his way to the gun-show in Spokane so stopped on his way to drop off gifts from Grandma and Grandpa - and $20 from her Great-Grandmother.

Peek-a-Boo Barbie's!! Grandma Janet always knows the PERFECT gifts!!

Following gifts we went outside to shovel snow (What day would be complete without at least an hour of that?). Malorie and Melanie Polly-Pocket'ed and Peek-a-Boo'ed the rest of the day away. Then the day wound down with an hour long phone call with her cousin Maddi - I have no idea what two six year olds can talk about for 60 minutes, but I think they could have kept going if we hadn't made them hang up for dinner! Now we're lighting the candles on her popcorn cake!! What a wonderful day!


Happy Birthday Malorie! We sure do love you!
(And look, not a single..."Six years ago, right now..." in the whole entry!)
3 comments:
So what recipe do you use for the popcorn cake? That is a great idea for Ben's birthday since no one seems to like cake in Doug's family. I wish I could know her bettter. I mean, I know she's sweet but it's just sad!
Happy Belated 6th Birthday Malorie!
Seems like yesterday you were posting her birth announcement.
I love that cake!
I love the popcorn cake! Did you make that???
Post a Comment