Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Catching up...

Ok, so September came and went and I feel like I missed the whole darn thing!

Here are some of the things that happened around here while September was flying by!

I know I did an entry for our pictures at Manito Park, but I forgot to add this cute "Sisters" picture of Megan, Malorie & Melanie...awwww!



We canned pears, tomatoes and peaches...(no pictures of peaches - obviously)





Megan received the Principal Pride award at her school - back in the old days, we called it Student of the Month, lol



Joesph got a little wound up after Maddie's birthday cake...no secret that we are NOT an anti-gun family around here.



Joseph & Melanie found grandpa's four-wheeler helmets while we were visiting.



The ACT like they don't want to be in the blog...but I promise, they love it! The punks!



Maddie opening her birthday presents.



Finally! A picture of the kittens that isn't just FUR! They are so cute. It's too bad they grow up and become cats though.



Meredi officially turned 6 months on the 16th. This Sunday was the 6 month mark since she was released from NICU.



Grandma and Meredi had a fun visit together - couldn't talk them into wearing four-wheeler helmets - go figure!



Mom turned 38 and the family made home-made strawberry cheesecake *yum* and dad brought home a dozen beautiful red roses.



Grandma Lee came to watch General Conference with us and say good bye before her move to Virginia this week.



My wonderful friend Amy M sent her Twilight series to me (because I'm probably the only human left on the planet who hasn't read them yet) and she included these cute flower hair clips in the box. My girlies LOVE them! They couldn't clip them to Meredi's 3 wisps of hair fast enough. Thanks Amy!



Jared had oral surgery (some tissue grafting for those of you who need more info). His sweet friend Wade brought over bubble gum ice cream to cheer him up.



Maddie and her cake - her birthday was such a rush-rush day that we had to wait until almost bedtime for the whole family to be home for cake and ice cream.



I'm sure I've left some things out - it truly has been a crazy month of go-go-go! I'd like to think October would slow down some, but with school and dentist appts, and doctor appts, and OH HEAVENS...the Holidays...just around the corner, the odds are stacked against me!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

K, I know I say this all the time but I love your family. You guys all hang out together. What other older brothers actually fall down dead when their little brother shoots them with a gun? Sorry about Jared's teeth. Remind me again why your mother in law is going to Virginia? Is she selling her house?

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness. Shiela... your pictures are wonderful... all of them, amazing. I loved the video of Joseph! Can't believe Maddie is a TEENAGER! Wow, thanks for the great happy read this morning!