Tuesday, November 13, 2007

KISS -

Keep It Simple, Stupid! I've found that the most effective way to get through to my children is to speak simply and directly to them. They don't often get long, drawn out answers to their questions. They get what answers their question without making it more confusing! It works for us! They seem to appreciate not having to wonder if they're missing something. We're going to try this theory out in our blog today. It's going to go something like this...

Yes! Yes, we know how this happens!
No! No, this wasn't an accident!

I figure those two answers should just about cover the most common questions out there! :)



We'd like to introduce, "Baby M". She is due to join our family April 27th. By our own standard, we're almost half way there. We like to be optimistic and day dream about a baby that arrives on it's due date - but we're also realistic and we are preparing for another early arrival.

We're almost 17 weeks along now and so far everything has been smooth sailing. I'm tired, fat and grouchy - if you didn't know I was pregnant you wouldn't know anything was different from any other day! Actually, I'm feeling much better. We seem to be past (or at least passing) the morning sickness phase which is a blessing! I actually haven't even seen my doctor yet, if you can believe that. I've been in for a few ultra sounds and an exam by (I don't know what she is, really...she's not a real doctor, but she can do exams and check-ups) "Jan". My nurse is taking good care of me! Brandon and I are starting to wonder if she isn't maybe pulling a Norman Bates! It could very well be that she has my doctor propped up in his office simply for looks and that she is really calling all the shots! It's all good with me until it's time for this baby to arrive - then we know how possessive I get about my doctor doing the honors!

We truly hope that no one is offended by finding out our good news via our blog. If you consider the size of my family - added to the size of Brandon's family - throw in several handfuls of close friends...there is just no way we could personally let everyone know - at least not before the baby came.

5 comments:

amy said...

Oh Shiela and family. We are so very excited for you! Little baby M you are so lucky and blessed to be coming to such a wonderful family! We pray that you will have an easy and smooth transition into this world.

Congrats from the Mauzy family!

Heather said...

How about
yes, we know how blessed we are!
no, we couldn't be any more excited!

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Sheila and Family.

Another baby to love....sweet!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on Baby M! How fun to have another girl! We'll keep our fingers crossed for a safe and LATE delivery!

:o) Chapin's

April said...

Congratulations!!! That is exciting news, and I bet you have all kinds of places to put a new baby now!