His first heart attack was confirmed, thankfully however, he was medicated and treated and able to avoid a second that they feared was on his near horizon.
The fluid around his heart is decreasing and nothing in his echo showed a need for surgery.
He's still taking antibiotics for pneumonia. He still has a pretty high fever - the shakes and sweats. He'll have medications to take for his heart, probably for many years to come. But what a small price to pay to be alive.
I had a good visit with him tonight. He looks so much better than he did last night! I didn't realize how poorly he looked last night until I saw him tonight.
He'll be in the hospital here for a few more days - then home to rest for a couple of weeks - then if the meds do their thing and his check-ups go ok, rumor has it he can go back to work. (Of course I wish he'd just move into a safe little plastic bubble for the next few years, but nobody ever listens to MY ideas!)
Thank you all for your love, prayer and support. It means the world to our family.
2 comments:
(((Hugs)))))
Hang in there........ and don't forget to breathe.
I'm glad he's going strong and will continue to pray and think about you and your entire family.
~ michele~en
My thoughts and prayers are with you Shiela. I hope your father continues to do well.
:hugs
Debtwins
Post a Comment