Tuesday, September 11, 2007

House Update

We got a lot done on the house this week. Well, Brandon and his brother Brian got a lot done, I kept kids out of the way...which I realize is helpful, but I don't feel like I can say "I" helped on the house.

The plan was to pour concrete for our garage and sidewalks on Monday - so all last week, Brian and Brandon leveled out the front yard and made forms for the sidewalk and the garage. It was great fun having Brian around - and it's always fun to have dad home from work, even if we just watch him through the window most of the day. We did sneak out and visit a few times - and even got to ride on the bobcat!



The goal is to get a real deck built and stop using our Tiny Tykes Ankle Twister porch as soon as possible! :)



By Saturday night, everything was ready - which was good because that's the same day that Melanie had contaminated the family and I was down all day with the flu - that night, Brandon was hit with it. He was out all day Sunday and probably still felt like garbage on Monday - but you could never tell by how hard he and his brothers worked on the concret.

Like clock-work, Brandon's brothers showed up Monday morning to help. I don't know what we would have done without them, not just this week - but throughout this entire house building experience! Whenever we need someone, they're always there.

Here they are, Carson, Courtney, Brandon & Brian...and don't miss Jason who got to stay home from school to help.





Here is the cheering squad. Megan and Jared wanted to watch too - I'm kind of a push-over that way. Maddie and Jacob want to try for 100% attendance this year at school, so they didn't stay to watch.



Brandon and Courtney working on the sidewalk.



Brian working on the sidewalk's finishing touches.



Brandon goes back to work tomorrow - he got a lot of landscaping done with the bobcat. A lot of leveling and smoothing out of the yards - oh and there was this one little mishap - fear not, he walked away unscathed. I think he may have even enjoyed it a little.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy crud! Glad your DH was alright after that spill!! That's what always kind of worries me with our Bobcat. I know my DH is always cautious, but man those things can tip over so easily!