Today is my THAT day!!!!!!
I was driving home from dropping the kids off at school and was approaching a yellow light. "Hmmmm..." I think to myself... "I could probably make it..." But THANKFULLY I decided to just stop. I was close to home, the 30 seconds I would win by running the yellow weren't really going to make a big difference, so I stopped. Less than 10 seconds after I stopped, a high-speed chase blasted through the intersection. A big SUV closely followed by about 8 police cars! We probably would have made it through ahead of them ... but what if...*shudder*...what a blessing!
THEN...yes, there's more...we're safely home and I'm happy-homemakerly making dinner. Cleaning up my mess, I pushed a pan over toward the fish tank on the counter. I hit the very corner of the tank and BLOOOOSSHHHHHHHH...10 GALLONS of water, and rocks, and algae, and flippity-flopping fish all over my kitchen floor. It happened SO FAST! I just stood there watching it like it was slow-motion saying "No, no, no, no..." and still the water continued to flow!!
So what do I do? Reach for the phone and call Brandon, duh! I've handled kids needing stitches, alone. I dealt with a bird flying into our house, by myself (ok, I called my neighbor.) But 10 GALLONS of water...oye! I just stood there in the water and couldn't even decide what to do first. Towels! Mop! Dust pan! UGH!
Brandon got home and I heard Malorie say, "Hurry dad, go to the kitchen, mom has made a big mess. This is serious (thank you Wonder Pets)."
This is a pic of the water and rocks all over the floor - you really can't tell how much water there is...trust me, there was a LOT!

Here's the front of the tank - the whole front just blew out when I hit the corner...kind of impressive, in a not-so-much sorta way!

And this is the very corner where I bumped it with the pan - seriously, I just slid the pan over. No way would I have ever thought I could shatter a fish tank!
1 comment:
That's the last time I give you my unwanted fish!!
Post a Comment