
We stopped for lunch in Merced. It was really, really HOT in Merced! A lot of people have asked on how earth we fed our family on this trip. Tip 1 - We only stayed at hotels with continental breakfasts Tip 2 - We did a lot of grocery shopping and meals like this in parks along the way. I don't think any of us will crave a sandwich for a while, but it worked!

We drove down Hwy99 to get to Bakersfield - which means we had to drive through Fresno! Holy TRAFFIC Batman! I think of our entire trip, this was the worst leg traffic wise! If I never drive next to, behind, in front of, or within 100 miles of another Semi Truck as long as I live it will be too soon!
The plan for Bakersfield was simply to get to our hotel before we melted! It was time to do laundry and everyone was very tired from the heat. (Tip 3 - Make sure your hotels have guest laundry. Tip 4 - Pack your own laundry detergent, but don't pack your microwave popcorn in the same bag. Tide scented Jolly Time is just gross! No joke!) It was 105 in Bakersfield at 7pm. Crazy! The pool was great!


Because I loved these shower curtains! I am totally putting one in our master bath when we finish it! No hooks and the bar curves out from the tub so the curtain doesn't smother you. Magnets at the bottom to weight the curtain inside the tub during a shower. Genius! (Simple minds!)

And so I didn't forget where to find these little gems:

ArcsAndAngles.com
1 comment:
WHY Bakersfield???!! And you call IT worse than Fresno??? LOL!!!! BLEH!
Post a Comment