Thursday, June 26, 2008

The last and the first...

Last night was Jacob's LAST Cub Scout Pack Meeting! He turned 11 just after May's Pack Meeting, so he had to wait until June to receive his Arrow of Light award. He and his best friend Jason were presented the award together, so that was special.



He also got a High Five from the Cub Scout Master for finishing the last of the Webelo activity pins. There are 20 or 21 in all and he finished all of them.



Last night was Jared's FIRST Cub Scout Pack Meeting! He received his Bobcat award. He's very excited to be in Cub Scouts. He has a lot of friends his age in his Pack so it's extra fun for him...probably a little extra work for the den leader though! :)



What outdoor Pack Meeting would be complete without a game of Red Rover (I haven't played this game in over 30 years and I still hate it!) I was able to catch a cute picture of the brothers though - man, they sure are growing up fast!



The whole family was there to celebrate with the boys:

Jason, who I am pretty sure grew up overnight! Wasn't he just my baby...you know, like yesterday?



Maddie sure is a firecracker. I can always count on her to be fun and silly! And I can also count on her to be my second set of hands. I don't know what I'd do without her help. I try really hard not to ask her to help out too much - after all, they are my babies/responsibility, not her's - but she is always stepping in and helping out even when I don't ask, and I'd be lost without her!



Megan sure is a good sport. She is at that point where she's big enough to do bigger-kid things, but the little kids still love to play with her and never leave her alone (See Malorie there in the background? She wasn't just sitting there - she was abt to throw grass on Megan's head!)



Malorie is a bundle of laughs. She wants to be a big kid so bad she can hardly stand it - little does she know that she only has to wait until tomorrow...I swear it happens that fast!



Melanie is still our shy little viloet. We like her that way though - quiet and soft...that is unless she's in the van, then she's bellowing nursery rhymes and made up songs at the top of her lungs! (Which we love, too!)



Joseph is always our wild card. Last night he was a bit on the shy side when we first got there...that's when I took this picture. By the end of the evening however, he was the life of the party.



Meredi is such a wonderful baby! She has started to laugh this week - not really laughing AT anything we do...it just happens when she smiles. She smiles so big that she either chuckles or she gets the hiccups.

No comments: