Monday, July 02, 2007

Good Friends!!

Wow! We've had a wonderful week of FRIENDS!

Today my dear, dear friends Kent and Nancy stopped by - I guess I can't really call it "stopping by" when someone has to drive a good hour to get here. I'll take what I can get though, call it whatever you want! I was so surprised to get an email from Kent last week that said, nonchalantly, "We'll try to stop by next weekend." (From Utah) WHAT! I was on a cloud! These are my "other parents" who aren't really old enough to be my parents, but took care of me when I was too stupid to realize that I really didn't know everything about being a grown-up. They had the cool house that we all loved hanging out at...the great food and wonderful children that we all loved like they were our own - card games, movies, and other traditions that we now do in MY family 15 years later! (Scones on Halloween and Taco Tuesday (or was it Wednesday), saying "Go Gary" when someone takes too long playing Phase 10...and no, none of us know who Gary is, or why we say that...we just do because, well, that's the tradition!) are a few favorites that come to mind! :) How lucky for me that their son moved just an hour or so from me and they decided to give him a visit! It was SO GOOD to sit and visit with them again - I wish we could have spent hours catching up! Guess I'll just have to keep my eyes open for a good chunk of retirement land for them to build on!!



Wednesday last week, our other dear friends dropped in (ha, I didn't learn...) I mean, they went out of their way to come visit us. It was a surprise visit - those are the best! The kids were so happy to see the kids again. We used to play with these kiddos several times a week before they had to move for their dad to finish his degree at BYU. He has one year down, and I think two to go - we're counting down, hoping they'll be back in the area soon! It was just great spending the day with these guys - felt like old times! Ahhhhh! (I swear this picture looks like I said, "Ok kids on the count of 3 everyone look the other direction!")



Thursday, we had a visit from Doug and Lauren and their cute kids! Look how they're growing...oh yeah, that's right, I was stupid and didn't get the camera out while they were here! We'll make them come back so we can get pictures of them too!!

It's been so nice seeing these "old friends" again - it's been a while since we've had a good visit with any of them...it's not as nice as having them next door, but our short visits were better than nothing! We'll take 'em and hope we get to visit again SOON! We sure love these guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shiela,
It was so awesome to see those pictures of Kent and Nancy! And reading about all the good times we had with them - that really takes me back to some fun memories. One of these days I hope you can add us to the list of "old friends" who stopped by - your new place looks fantastic. I'd love to live in the country - living in Vegas proves I'm not a city girl at heart. Keep up this blog - it's fun to see how your family is doing! Love, Amy