Saturday, April 14, 2007

House Update

So kind of, this is like being on a roller coaster! There have been days when we've felt like this house was all just a big pipe dream and we'd never really actually LIVE in it - then days when we felt like we didn't have enough time to get ready to be in it b/c it was coming together so quickly. I think it was Wednesday of this week that I thought something along the lines of, "Hmmm, hope we're in it before school starts up again in September!" The drywallers (Is that an actual pronoun?) have been hanging rock all week. Today is Saturday - they started last Saturday. About mid-weekthough, even though they were clipping along rather smoothly, I just felt like there was still so far to go. Now, fast-forward to yesterday. Brandon and I picked the kids up at school and took them out to see the house. The crew doing the walls is really funny. It's an Unle (Chuck), his son (Charlie), and two of "Uncle's" nephews...(Brother and Brother). No, their names aren't actually "Brother" but that's what they call eachother and it's really kind of funny. "Hey Brother, you need to take a half inch off that board." "Brother, you look tired." We also heard reference to Chuck as "Uncle"..."Hey Uncle, aren't you going to open your birthday card?"...followed by a gruff "@#$@ No!" LOL

Ok, so I really am going somewhere with all of this. Yesterday they told us that they'd be done w/ walls, mud, tape, and PAINT by next Saturday! A week from today our walls will be DONE! Of course this is a happy moment! We're all beside ourselves with excitement...well, except for the fact that we haven't chosen colors for walls...not even a little bit. I think our goal today is to find a color that we could stand throughout the house and then paint over if/when the time comes. Naturally, Jacob wants to paint their room fire-engine red. Maddie begged to paint her own room - she wouldn't tell me a color, so that scared me more than the red did! LOL

Here are a few pictures. I'm going to have to go through a video again b/c it's harder to take pictures now that there are walls blocking my view! (That's a problem I don't so much mind having!)

Front door from bridge "before & after"



Standing in the kitchen, looking out toward the front door and living room.


Looking up toward the Master bedroom from the front door.


The whole (backside) of the house - the drainfield was finally filled so we can walk down there now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I can really tell a difference! I know you must be excited! Hey, and if you can, go ahead and pick some colors out, cuz I think you will be glad you did! ;-)

I'm enjoying watching the progress!!