Thursday, March 29, 2007

Update on the house -

The insulation crew should be finished today -

The phone company is going out to see what all needs to be installed to get us a phone line (for my security system that I am SO having) -

We're spending all day Friday at the house finishing up odds and ends, and the insulation inspector is supposed to come out, too -

Monday the drywall crew is supposed to come out and start making walls for us!

Tuesday the security system guy comes out to walk through the house with us. I will feel so much better when that thing is up and running -


The kids and I have been going out early and unlocking the gate for the insulation crew. It's been a little creepy going out alone. I always walk around the house...oh wait, first I jog down the driveway b/c it's still too soft to drive on (lovely) - THEN I walk around the house and make sure all the doors and windows are closed and in tact. Then I go to the basement and move the truck that we've parked in front of the french doors (poor man's security system)...then we (I always make my big tough Jason go with me, leaving Maddie with the other kids in the van watching tv at the end of the driveway)...we jog back to the van and drive like crazy to get the kids to school on time. We have to leave a half our earlier than usual (7am) to pull all of this off on time. The kids have been such champs! Today we stopped at Yoke's and got Maple Bars for them - nothing like a healthy sugar headache to start their day!

I'm still plugging along on our insurance claim. What a pain! As soon as I get some documentation from our bank I can submit the claim. I so don't want to have to haggle with Allstate! I've paid them premiums for over 12 years and have seriously only called on them a small handful of times - four maybe. And without a doubt, THIS is the most we've ever asked of them!

So we really can't complain much - oh wait...I did just complain - MUCH! lol We know that we have things pretty good! Our home is almost finished, the stuff that was stolen will be replaced, everyone is healthy and safe...there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

No comments: