Sunday, September 19, 2010

Helping Hands 9/11

On 9/11 our church sponsored nationwide community service projects. Our project was to "beautify" the Dean Vaagen Memorial Field in Colville. It's a 3 softball field complex that has been around for close to 30 years.

We started out staining the fencing that goes all around the property. (And we even talked dad in to helping us out...considering the countless games he coached and watched at those fields, it was the least he could do! ha ha)



There were projects for all ages! Jacob & Megan helped sand and pain the picnic tables.



Malorie, Melanie, Joseph & Meredith pulled the weeds that had started to grow into the children's play area.



And of course we did some playing around while we were there!



It was a great day! I can't count the number of softball games I played at that complex back in the day! It was nice to spend some time taking care of it. I believe they estimated well over 1,500 man hours were spent there that day.

No comments: