Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Joseph, Part II

So yesterday morning I say to Joseph, "Today is your birthday, what do you want to do?" He thought for just a second and quickly replied, "I want to go to Dr. Bates' office." (our dentist) Wasn't exactly the Chuck E Cheese or McPlayLand answer I was expecting. We spent the day at home - you can see the great day he had in the entry below this one!

I bumped in to Dr. Bates at church later that same night...I lost count of the wet noodle lashes...today we went to Dr. Bates' office!

He was greeted in the lobby with a bouquet of balloons and was offered a fun ride in the wheel chair - he wanted nothing to do with that!!



Gloves!! Joseph loves gloves and had fun dressing up like a dentist.



A quick high-five (that was quicker than I was w/ the camera) and we let the office get back to normal!



Not many little boys get to come home from the dentist's office with balloons, a card signed by everyone, a box of cupcakes (which I was happy to see had as much frosting as the ones I made yesterday...a little job security for the dentist maybe), and a gold dollar.



When your family spends as much time at the dentist as ours does, it's nice to have a good doctor. We're very lucky to have the best!

No comments: