I just can't help myself! Seven years ago, right now, I was in the hospital at 33 weeks pregnant, contracting and dilating! My doctor had just come by for evening rounds - we talked abt the BYU vs Utah game - he looked over my chart and the baby's monitor records and said he'd leave me in the resident's capable hands and see me in the morning. Everything was fine...until about five minutes after he left the room! Without much warning alarms were dinging and beeping and buzzing - nurses were running - magnesium was being pushed, so much so that my own health was compromised. Finally my nurse ran out to the doctor's garage and stopped my OB as he was leaving. They came running back to my room and - in more of a telling than asking sort of way - our doctor told me that it was time.

Just minutes later we met Malorie Elizabeth! Malorie was our first of four preemies! We had NO IDEA what a ride we were in for!

The next 23 days were one roller-coaster ride after another. NCIU was a new experience for us -

- and for our families!
(Grandma Janet & Grandpa Gary)

(Grandma & Grandpa Lee)

And then, just like that - she turned 7 !

Grandma and Grandpa made a trip down to visit Malorie on Saturday!


Jason played Happy Birthday for her...

When I asked her what kind of cake she wanted, she ordered "Big and Purple" - and she got it. Four layers and SEVEN pounds! (Doesn't that just make you gag a little bit?)


2 comments:
Where does the time go? I swear it just flies by. Our little M's are 7!!! It looks like she had a wonderful day and that is one HUGE cake.
Wow time has flown bye.
I remember your story well and the road to getting her out of NICU and home.
Happy Belated Birthday Miss M.
Post a Comment