Wednesday, December 09, 2009

4th Place

I'll admit, I've never fully understood the concept of the "Wild Card" position in any team event. I don't understand how they are selected or how they qualify. I just don't get it. However I no longer care HOW it works, I'm just glad that Jacob's math team made it to Masters as a wild card team! The turkeys took 4th Place!!



Brandon received a phone call the evening before Thanksgiving with the news about making it to Masters. He didn't tell the rest of the team until the following week since they weren't going to be able to practice over the holiday anyway. They had time for 2 practices and that was it. The boys were really more excited about getting to go than they were about the thoughts of actually placing!! When told about making it to Masters, one of the boys replied, "No way! We stunk!" Obviously, however, 7th place at last month's competition was enough to make it...and apparently they deserved it!

No comments: